Saturday, June 12, 2010

Assignment #4

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please?

Scott Mcleod is an Associate Professor of Educational Administration at Iowa State University and the Director of the UCEA Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education. This basically means that he knows a lot about technology and how to use it not just in everyday life but also in the classroom! I really enjoyed reading this post. I think Mr. Mcleod's use of sarcasm was hilarious. I agree with him on everything he said. I think it is really important for kids to start learning about the computer and internet early in life. By doing so, when the become adults they will be extremely technologically literate! He made some valid points but I think the last comment is what makes the post so good. People need to see the positive things about the internet and quit being such "Debbie Downers!"


The iSchool Initiative

This video was very entertaining! I think that it would be very neat to have the iSchool. By having this, it would not only teach the students, but it would also teach the teachers. I would almost be forced to keep up with technology, and I love that. It would be both challenging and fun at the same time. I think that students opinions of school would change dramatically. Which in turn, would make for a more fun learning environment.

I am all for technology in the classroom as I learn more and more about it. The things that students are doing today through the internet in the classrooms are unbelievable! I can not wait to see what comes about in the future! Knowing that I will be a part of something so neat is exciting!


The Lost Generation

Wow!!!! At first, I wanted to throw my computer across the room. ( I'm really glad I didn't). I was thinking the opposite of everything she said, so when she turned it around I was happy. I really enjoyed this video and how she presented it. It is a very effective video, not only because of what she said, but also in how she created it. The technique that was used is very cool. It definitely took a lot of time and thought. Kudos to 'metroamv' for making this video!


Eric Whitaker's Virtual Choir

This video was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! The use of the internet was extraordinary in this video! It amazes me everyday what technology and the internet allows us to do. I have already shown this video to my entire family and will continue to talk about it for days!!

2 comments:

  1. I also think it would be really fun to have the ischool. I really enjoyed the Virtual Choir video because as you said, it was truly amazing! I haven't yet shown this to my family but I think they would love to see what they are missing. I think that technology would be so much more fun in the classroom than how I use it from just day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    Your excitement about the last two posts in particular is contagious! I too, was very impressed by the productions-- but my interest didn't end their. I want to learn how to do it! That is the key to watching these types videos-- ask yourself, "How did they do this?" and, "If I can learn how to do it, how can I apply it?"

    For example: I hadn't ever heard of iSchool before following Kimberly's link. After seeing that young man's video-- I couldn't believe what was possible-- so I searched for the tools in iTunes. I now have all the tools he mentioned on my iTouch for about three dollars. Not to bad, huh?

    Start exploring for yourself, your findings will be mind-boggling, I promise. Most importantly, share your finding with us!

    ReplyDelete